Southside Community Services Inc is a community based not-for-profit, non-government organisation incorporated as an association in 1987. The organisation manages and delivers a range of community services including community development, family support services, training services, children’s services and aged care and disability services. Services are designed to meet community needs.
The main objectives of Southside Community Services are the relief of poverty, distress, sickness, suffering and destitution in the ACT community.
The Organisation is managed by a volunteer BOARD OF MANAGEMENT, elected annually by members. The Board consists of community and staff representatives. It meets monthly and is responsible for the total management of the Association. The Board delegates the day to day running of the Association to the Executive Director. Information about membership can be obtained from the main office.
The Board strives towards providing leadership by focusing of the relevance of programs, the Association’s strategic position and on setting the tone and content of broad policy.
Southside Community Services Inc Board of Management 2013:
- President - Tony LoPilato
- Vice President -Kay Hewitt
- Secretary - Maryanne Haslam
- Treasurer - Ross Hocking
- Ordinary Member - Robby McGarvey
- Ordinary Member - Mark Roddam
- Ordinary Member - James Ford
- Executive Director - Lida Lewis
- Staff Representative - Katherine Hellwig
- Staff Representative - Halina Krupinski
- Convenient location on the inner south of Canberra, 10 minutes to the CBD with close access to public transport to Civic and Woden.
- The traditional style weatherboard building is in a safe, quiet location with ample off-street free parking and ease of access.
- The hall, rooms and a computer training room are also available for hire and are adjacent to each other and individually or combined, offer a range of usage including meetings, training and social activities.
- We offer reasonable rates with reduced rates for community organisations.
Southside Community Services Hall
- Large hall
- Timber floor
Multi-purpose rooms (2)
- 2 large rooms well suited to meetings or training
- 52m², well lit, with a comfortable seating capacity for 20-30 people
- Fully carpeted, centrally heated with tables and chairs
Giffith Community Hall
- Stuart Street Griffith
- Large hall and meeting room with kitchen facilities
- Disabled access and facilities
Oaks Estate Community Hall
- William Street Oaks Estate
- Large hall, meeting room with kitchen facilities
- Disabled access and facilites
- Arrangements can be made for use of a well-equipped kitchen
- Urn and crockery for tea/coffee
- Also available are whiteboards, overhead projector, projection screen and video and large monitor.
- Current Annual report is available by clicking the following link Annual Report (warning - large file)
Earlier Annual Reports are available by request.
- Our Strategic Plan for the 2012 - 2015 is available for viewing by clicking here
Where to find us:
Southside Community Services main administration is at 63 Boolimba Crescent, Narrabundah.
We are in a weather-board building (originally the first Narrabundah Primary School), opposite the shops and beside the Health Centre. There is plentiful free parking at the back of the building.
For more information on current rates and bookings please contact our reception.
Southside Community Services Inc.
63 Boolimba Cresent
Australian Capital Territory
Southside Community Services
PO Box 7
Main Office and Administration
Phone: 6126 4700
Fax: 6295 7944